Donate Books and More
The Friends depend on donations of gently used books, DVDs, CDs, VHS tapes, and vinyl records to stock our book sales. Please read the donation guidelines below. The Friends expend substantial time and energy recycling damaged, outdated and unsaleable material, so please donate accordingly.
What we ACCEPT:
- Gently used hardback and paperback books, fiction and non-fiction, for children, young adults and adults
- Antique and collectible books
- Commercially recorded CDs (music and audio books), DVDs,VHS, and vinyl records
What we DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Damaged books (broken spines, missing covers, stained, mildewed, underlined)
- Incomplete Encyclopedia Sets
- Law Codes or Statutes
- Surplus material from other institutions
- National Geographic magazines older than two years
Where and When to Donate
- Donations may be brought to our warehouse location, next to Sierra View Library in the Reno Town Mall. Donations should be brought to the back of the mall. Look for the 2 RED doors. If you have any questions about book donations or have a large donation of books, please call 324-5522.
- Book Donation Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 am – Noon
- 4001 South Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89502 (Reno Town Mall)
- Map of location of Reno town Mall
Value of your Donation
Your donation is tax deductible. Although we are unable to assign a dollar value to your donation, we are happy to give you a receipt at the time of drop-off.
Questions? Call (775) 324-5522
More Ways to Help the Friends in Support of the Library
Your membership in the Friends of Washoe County Library helps fund programs, equipment, technology, and materials for the library. You can also make any Amazon purchase matter for local libraries with Amazon Smile. Visit smile.amazon.com and select “Friends of Washoe County Library.” Shopping at Amazon Smile works just like the regular Amazon website, only a portion of your purchase price will be donated to the Friends of Washoe County Library, and everybody wins!