PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING BOOK DONATIONS AT THIS TIME DUE TO THE RENOVATIONS AT THE SIERRA VIEW LIBRARY, RESULTING IN OUR STORAGE SPACE TO BE FULL
The Friends depend on donations of gently used books, DVDs, CDs, VHS tapes, and vinyl records to stock our book sales. Please read the donation guidelines below. The Friends expend substantial time and energy recycling damaged, outdated and unsaleable material, so please donate accordingly.
What we ACCEPT:
- Gently used hardback and paperback books, fiction and non-fiction, for children, young adults and adults
- Antique and collectible books
- Commercially recorded CDs (music and audio books), DVDs,VHS, and vinyl records
What we DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Damaged books (broken spines, missing covers, stained, mildewed, underlined)
- Incomplete Encyclopedia Sets
- Law Codes or Statutes
- Surplus material from other institutions
- National Geographic magazines older than two years
Where and When to Donate
- WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING BOOK DONATIONS AT THIS TIME DUE TO THE RENOVATIONS AT THE SIERRA VIEW LIBRARY, RESULTING IN OUR STORAGE SPACE TO BE FULL
Value of your Donation
Your donation is tax deductible. Although we are unable to assign a dollar value to your donation, we are happy to give you a receipt at the time of drop-off.
Questions? Call (775) 324-5522
More Ways to Help the Friends in Support of the Library
Your membership in the Friends of Washoe County Library helps fund programs, equipment, technology, and materials for the library.